We take Fun Seriously!
Our mission at Exit9 is to bring flavor to the neighborhood and fun, joy, diversion and even a little diversity to your daily life. We curate all the gifts, books, toys, cards and novelties at Exit9 with this in mind.
Mom-and-Pops are the DNA of NYC
Every morning when we unlock and roll up the steel gates we know that, along with our fellow small businesses nearby, we are keeping up the vibe! This makes us proud. Shop with us and you are keeping your neighborhood vibrant and tapping into the history of New York City as a place where independent storefronts are a block by block expression of the uniqueness of our inclusive big city. #shopsmall365 #shoplocal365
Random yet Important Exit9 facts
- People always ask about our name. We thought of it while on a road trip. Our original slogan was "you gotta get off somewhere." Which says more about our road trip than our business. (Or does it?)
- Exit9 gets involved in the community with schools and organizations, but mostly with our giving program called Tuesdays for Good. We've had wonderful times watching our customers grow up and feeling a part of it in a small way.
- We have all sorts of gift services. We will make your goodie bags for you, ship camp care kits to your kid's camp, handle your year-round gift giving with our gift boxes or customize boxes with your input.
- We have many unique NYC items that are great at souvenirs but are not typical souvenirs. (Also great for ex-pat gifts.)
- We have a corporate gift program where we can ship to your list or drop ship a number of gift to you, with proper lead time. Ask us.
- Exit9 is a certified LGBT business from the National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce. This is sometimes important for businesses and corporations who have a diversity supplier initiative or department.
- In 2010, The Village Voice named Exit 9 Gift Emporium in the "Best of NYC" as New York City's "Best Place to Buy Spur-of-the-Moment, Inexpensive Gifts for Virtually Anyone" We're thrilled because that's what we were going for. Long Live the Village Voice!